FIRST TWO ROUNDS OF NHL PLAYOFFS GENERATE $14.5 MILLION IN SOCIAL SPONSORSHIP VALUE
- Through the first two rounds of the NHL playoffs, $14.5 million in social media sponsorship value was generated for the top-performing brands and sponsors, according to data provided to SBJ by Hookit, a social media measurement firm.
- Among the top four brands, two were hockey-specific, with Bauer at No. 1 and CCM at No. 4, respectively. Bauer received over $1.1 million in value across a time period from Aug. 1 through Sept. 6. Eight social media platforms were analyzed, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Twitch, among others. Of the top 10, three car brands were represented, including Honda at No. 2, Toyota at No. 9 and Lexus at No. 10.
- Other key noteworthy social media stats:
- Since Aug. 1, the Canucks have generated the most brand value for sponsors at nearly $1.6 million.
- Over the past six weeks, the Flyers and Canucks have generated the most video views on social, each totaling over 15 million.
- $3 million: the cumulative brand value generated on social media by the four remaining franchises.
Read the full article here: https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/SB-Blogs/SBJ-Unpacks/2020/09/10.aspx