Action sports typically are among the most sponsor-supported sports around along with motorsports. So, which sports create the most fan engagement and sponsorship value for partners? We broke it down, sport by sport, diving into Skate, Surf, Snowboard, Ski, Climbing, Mountain Bike, BMX, Motocross, and Off-Road Moto.
TOPICS IN THE REPORT
- How well are action sports athletes and leagues promoting their brand partners?
- Which brands are being promoted the most & best across these sports?
- How should brands think about what content goes through brand channels vs athlete channels vs other channels?
- What “works” when athletes promote brand partners on social media?
- Across action sports, energy drink brands have established that as the leading category, making up 3 of the top 5 brands by sponsorship value received since May 1, 2020.
- Skaters drive the most engagement and have the most followers, but climbers, mountain bikers, and surfers drive the most engagement per follower.
- Athletes drive 65% of the value across action sports, but Supercross, the World Surf League, and Freeride World Tour drive significant value for their brand partners.
- On average, action sports athletes deliberately promote 8 different brands. Action sports leagues and events typically promote 24 brands 3x as many as athletes.