Athlete platform seeks hungry developer that wants to change theworld and help millions of athletes continue to reach their goals. We
collect and process a lot of data every day to rank and value athletes.
We need help collecting more data, processing it efficiently and making
it usable. The ideal candidate has excellent programming skills, experience
connecting to and consuming data from external APIs, experience designing scalable database systems (currently in MS SQL Server).
If you have ever….
- Taken a query that ran in 20 seconds and needed it to run in
100ms or less
- Profiled your code (in any way) to determine how much time it is
taking and where down to milliseconds in order to improve it
- Been annoyed that there is only 24 hours in a day when you have
10 days worth of data to process
- Used any popular open APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
or Google to acquire data
…then you need to apply right away!
Specifically, we are looking for someone that has…
- Passion for creating cool stuff, wants to make an impact &
work with a great team
- Great communication skills
- At least 5 years experience on real-world projects
- MS SQL Server ninja level expertise
- Object oriented programming and design (C#, ASP.NET a plus)
- Experience writing highly efficient, possibly multi-threaded
- Experience with consuming data from external APIs
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google APIs a plus
- Great understanding of server, network, and storage fundamentals
- Experience with NoSQL platforms, Headless browsers, NGINX, etc.
To work with our product team and…
- Deliver on our goal to support athletes and sports
- Design, build, and evolve data capture, pipeline and warehouse systems
- Determine and implement mechanisms to ensure data quality
- Work with existing & future data partners to connect and
- Evolve our API to make the data we collect and disseminate
usable to partners
- Create or support development of tools, reports and dashboards
to help brands and athletes understand and use the data
And reap the Hookit benefits…
- We are across the street from the ocean, so whether you like
surfing or long walks on the beach to clear your head, we’ve got you covered
- 401k with aggressive matching
- Fun, laid back, start-up mentality office vibe (work hard / play
With your resume, include samples of at least 3 projects you’ve
worked on & why you want to work with us. Any incomplete applications
won’t be reviewed. Good luck.
Hookit is a platform of tools and services created to support
and connect athletes, brands and sports. Nearly 1M athletes worldwide use
Hookit to track their progression, promote themselves, build their personal
brand, and earn deals from their favorite brands. The Hookit Score measures the value of any athlete at any level. Updated daily scores range from 1-10,000, and are based on athletes’ commitment, performance and reach in their sport. Brand partners are provided with powerful tools to discover, manage and reward amateur and professional athletes who actively support their brand.